CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Remembering Sherry Ann Rudisell Gonzalez - August 28, 1970 to October 24, 2009

I have experienced the profound sorrow of losing my precious little sister, Sherry, to suicide this past week. There truly are no adequate words to describe how I have felt these past 7 days since we found out that she had left this world to go on to be with her Heavenly Father. At times, the grief is truly suffocating - it feels as if the burden is too heavy to bear. As I searched through some of my digital pictures, I found some beautiful reminders of the happy times that we have had - even in the past few years with Sherry. Although she fought a long and courageous battle with depression, the nature of her disease was cyclical, so there were many very happy memories that we shared. Here are just a few:

Sherry and I on the Disney Cruise - a gift from my Parents celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary in 2004! It was truly the most wonderful vacation any of us has ever had!



Sherry was a great - actually a monumental - LOVER of all things DISNEY - but especially Disney World! This is her last trip there - Summer of 2008 (pictured with my daughter, Ashley, her children - Chloe, Taylor and Paul) and our Mom.

More Disney World fun in Summer, 2008!

Sherry and our Mom at Disney World in Summer, 2008!

The whole family - including my Dad - posing with Cinderella after their special lunch in Cinderella's Castle at Disney World, Summer, 2008


Sherry and our Mom at Disney World, Summer of 2008

Sherry and her daughter, Chloe at Disney World in Summer, 2008. Note Sherry's signature Minnie Mouse ears! She always said she loved to go to Disney to relive her childhood! (We grew up in Florida)

In front of Cinderella's Castle - Disney World, Summer of 2008


New Year's Eve, 2005 - After Sherry, her husband, Rick, and Steve and I went out to a wonderful dinner in Dallas!

Cuddling with my sweet Baby Jack - Christmas, 2004


Easter at my Parent's Home - 2007

Father's Day Lunch at Saltgrass Steakhouse with our Dad - 2007

Father's Day Lunch, 2007 - Sherry and I with her oldest son, Taylor

Sherry and her husband Rick, with my youngest baby, Ryan - January,2007 (She was so excited to get a day-pass from her Rehabilitation Center to have a family lunch together)


Sherry's lasting legacy - her three beautiful children:
Paul, Chloe and Taylor

Fun times with Sherry less than a year ago - Thanksgiving week, 2008. I was playing like the "Paparrazi" with my new camera!
She just laughed and laughed!

Celebrating Chloe's 8th Birthday, November, 2008 -
at American Girl Doll Place in Dallas

More Chloe's Birthday Party at American Girl Doll Place - November, 2008 - We had a WONDERFUL time together!

This is the way I like to remember my sweet Sister - smiling and enjoying her family! Although that smile masked periods of grave depression and deep sadness, we will always remember her laugh, her fun spirit, her outspokeness, her passionate love, her commitment to her children and the always special place she will hold in our hearts forever!
We will miss you, Sherry -
but you will NEVER, EVER be forgotten.
Our world is a better place for having you in it!

3 comments:

Elyse said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family through this storm. Comfort and heavenly hugs will come!
~Elyse

Bevin said...

Hi Robin. I don't know if you remember me and my daughter Brenna, who was born 3 days after Taylor. I found out about Sherry's passing a few months ago. I honestly have thought about it every day since then. I'm still in shock & so saddened when I think of her being gone. I just can't comprehend it. Today I was looking through Rick's pictures on FB so I could see her face & then I found your blog. It's nice to see these pictures. Sherry was just amazing...so strong and full of life. People used to always tell us they'd never seen 2 more high-energy, fast-talking women! Her smile was infectious. I related to her in so many ways & respected what she had made of her life. She was there for me when I was going through a very rough time. I moved away from S.A. in 2002 & we lost touch...both so busy having more children & building careers. Imagining her suffering so greatly that this could happen makes the seriousness of depression so much more real. Imagining the pain of losing Sherry for her children & all of you breaks my heart. I wish so much that this wasn't real & I don't know if it will ever truly sink in. My twins are wondering why I'm crying so I better stop now. I miss Sherry. My prayers are with all of you.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I do not think I know any of you but I knew Sherry waaay back in jr high and high school. We were in the same grade together and spent a lot of time together. Sherry was a sweet person and some one who laughed often as well as made me laugh. I was saddened to learn that she is gone. I wish she didn't choose to end her life. She was upbeat, short and a little firecracker when I knew her. Just wanted to tell you that she had a good soul and I am sorry for your loss as well as her kids.

Mike Morgan