CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Community Helper Parade at Preschool!

One of the most fun events for Four-Year-Olds at the boys' Preschool is the annual "Community Helper Parade"! The kids have been studying helpers in the community - firemen, doctors, teachers, vets, engineers, nurses, pastors, etc. Well - our dear Jack was DETERMINED that he HAD to be a POLICEMAN!!!! So - I pulled out the blue GAP dress shirt and navy church pants, used the hat he had made in class earlier this week, went out and procured a BADGE, traffic WHISTLE (very popular!) and the proper firearm, and "Officer Jack" was born!!!

"Officer Jack" ready to leave for school!

I don't think I've ever seen a little boy so excited about a uniform in all his life! He waved at all the cars we drove by on the way to preschool! The only problem we had was that his teacher, Mrs. Ward, had to hold onto his "gun" during class - due to the school "NO FIREARM" policy! OOPS!!!!
"Officer Jack" in the car . . . "Barney Fife" lives!!!!

Jack and his friends and teachers in their Classroom

Once we were at school, the kids met in the classrooms and then went to "march" in the parade in the GYM - with tons of Moms and Dads looking on from above. They were SO excited! As Chairman of the Preschool Board (and because I was told I was "loud" HA!), our Director asked me to be the Parade Announcer! That was fun too! And even little brother, Ryan, was able to watch the parade - as the school brought in all the younger children today to enjoy the spectacle!

Marching with Mrs. Ward's Class in the Parade!

Mrs. Ward's and Mrs. Luther's Community Helpers!!!

Today was an unforgettable day for me, Ryan and especially "Officer Jack"! I'm SO glad that, once again, I got to be there for this time in my little boy's life!

. . . just another day in the life . . .

0 comments: