CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

We WON!!!!!

I don't remember EVER having won anything in my entire life - that is until Sunday, March 1st! Our family was all gathered around watching "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" as we do every Sunday night. (Jack and Ryan call it the "Move that bus" show, and we all truly LOVE it!)

This week's episode was about a family in a community very close to us, with all the furniture being donated by a local furniture store (in Grapevine - where we had bought quite a bit of our furniture in the past). So - we were even more interested in watching than usual this week. We all laughed as the show started because I had stopped into Stacy's (that local furniture store) a couple of weeks ago just to see how much a larger kitchen table with 6 chairs would cost, so we could budget and save for it! (Baby Ryan has finally moved out of his highchair and we can't quite fit all 5 of us at our small kitchen table!) I had entered a drawing - along with hundreds and hundreds of other customers -for $2,500 of free furniture - laughing all the way, because what is the likelihood of winning? . . .

The Stacy's Furniture volunteers "unloading" at the family's new home on the show!
Well - you know what??? Towards the end of the show, there was "Robin Blankenship - Grapevine" on the TV with Rick Stacy himself congratulating me and actually saying my name! Needless to say, we lost it! I have never had such a surprise blessing in all my life! We actually WON!!! So today - before we had dinner, Steve, Ashley and I went to Stacy's to "claim our prize"! We were photographed, will be on Stacy's website and in the Ft. Worth Star Telegram! I have been treated like a mini-celebrity around here today - I just couldn't believe how many people saw it on TV!
This is the BEAUTIFUL Kitchen Table and 6 Chairs that Steve, Ashley and I picked out with our FREE Stacy's Furniture Gift Certificate! There is plenty of room for all 5 of us (plus a friend!) It even has these cool expandable ends that let it get up to 126" long if we ever want it to (parties, etc.) It really is WAY nicer than what we would have been able to purchase!!!! What a cool blessing - and TOTALLY unexpected!!!

. . . just another day in the life!

1 comments:

Elyse said...

AMAZING!!! I am so glad for you guys!
~Elyse~