CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Halloween Birthday!

My Birthday falls on Halloween - - - and what a fun thing that is! As a kid it was awesome - I always had the perfect themed costume party. As an adult and a parent, my special day seems to take a backseat to ghosts, goblins and trick-or-treating with my sweet children.

.
However . . . my Mom and Dad always make an effort to make my special day just that . . . SPECIAL! One funny thing that they always do is give me a silly "Halloween" themed gift. Over the years I've received "Pumpkin Patch Pete," "Sir Laughs Alot," witches and bats that shake and squeel at the sound of a clapped hand, a Black Cat that sings "Black Magic Woman" (my 2 year old's favorite), and this year a clock that makes creepy sounds and a skeleton named "BOO" (dubbed by my boys).
.
My parents also make a point to send me Birthday flowers with a halloween flair. I think the year that the arrangement had black dyed carnations with cobwebs and spiders was a bit over the top, but this year, they sent this beautiful arrangment - in a cute Jack-O-Lantern shell. I'm very grateful to my sweet family for always making me feel important - even when my birthday is a bit overshadowed!!
.
. . . just another day in the life . . .

2 comments:

Elyse said...

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY Robin!!!!

As for my blog, I won a free blog makeover from Hollie Anderson @ andersonarmy.blogspot.com
She usually offers a drawing once a week and just makes them for fun. She is local and a fun and friendly face. Wish I had her talent.
~Elyse~

Lorie said...

Where are we going for your bday dinner?