CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Self Portrait of a 4 Year Old!

This is a self-portrait created by my hysterical 4-year-old son - while he learned about "Wonderful Me" at Preschool. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture, because it seems to capture the essence of this little boy. He's adorable, but with a little bit of the "devil" in that grin! Even the crazy hair on his head, the "unibrow" (no he doesn't really have one) and the plaid shirt that he wore to "school" that day make the picture just TOO FUNNY! My husband loved it too - but said a part of him found it disturbing!

I love to see how our little boy views himself - not just how he looks, but about all the talent, and specialness and promising future he has ahead of him! Isn't that really one of the most amazing things about being a parent ??? . . . getting to watch your children's self-actualization and growth.

This is a preschool art project that I will keep to my dying day - because looking in that little construction paper mirror is like truly looking at a real picture of my little boy!

. . . just another day in the life . . .

0 comments: