CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Could I Be a FARM GIRL????

Okay . . . my sweet husband just breaks out into deep, bent-over, belly shaking laughter at the mere THOUGHT of me being a FARM GIRL, but you know - as I am going through life, there is something more and more appealing about growing your own food and the whole simplicity of farm life! Now - before you all laugh, I KNOW I am truly a city girl by nature - - - I like to get my nails done,and nothing feels much better than a one-hour massage after a girls' lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, but my latest passion has become creating, building, and growing my own vegetable and herb garden. I've fallen in love with the concept of square foot gardening (google it sometime) - where you can get a great harvest from a surprisingly small space.

This is my garden - now about 3 weeks in - grown from seeds! I plotted it out using a really neat tools on Gardener's Supply Company's website (www.gardeners.com), then prepared my beds and now I have 36 square feet of tomatoes, peppers, onions, okra, green beans, squash, eggplant, carrots, and a variety of herbs!

We'll see how the harvest goes this Summer - - - should be interesting! I thought about adding a couple of chickens to the Blankenship Farm - but that idea was promptly put to rest by my again hysterically laughing husband (who actually DID grow up in the country - and KNOWS what chickens smell like!)
. . . just another day in the life . . .

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job.!! Want to know more about Gardener's Supply neat tools.