CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Like Mother . . . Like Daughter!

My almost 16-year-old daughter has developed her own tradition of making an amazing homemade dessert for each of her close friend's Birthdays! And now - they make specific requests. She has become quite a good cook and baker and does a beautiful job on making her creations look just stunning! As a baker, cook, decorator myself, I couldn't be more proud. Her close friend, Becky, turned 16 today, and her request was a Red Velvet Cake. Here is Ashley's latest piece of of edible art for her friend:

Now - THAT's a beautiful Spring Birthday cake!!!!

It's so nice - with all the ups and downs of raising a teenager - to find such common interests, where your daughter actually WANTS your advice, ideas, visions! I am proud of Ashley for MANY reasons - mostly for her strong character and uniqueness, but today - I just LOVE to see my little girl following in a few of my footsteps!
. . . just another day in the life . .


0 comments: