CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Piano Duet Recital . . . Now THAT was FUN!!!

My sweet 15 1/2 year old daughter is becoming a wonderful pianist, so in her musical journey, her piano instructor requested that she and I participate in a DUET RECITAL!!! Yes . . . you heard me correctly - a DUET - as in a mother and a teenage girl would have to practice together for MANY hours and work out musical issues TOGETHER.

Overall, the preparation wasn't THAT painful - - - the word "catfight" was only used a couple of times! BUT . . . surprise, surprise - it was a really great experience for both me and my daughter. I think it showed us both how our mutual love of music makes us that much more alike (which can be good or bad, depending on who you ask and what the mood of the day is! HA!)

It was a distinct privilege to perform with my daughter!!! Hopefully we will do again some day . . .

Performing "The Wind Beneath My Wings"


Ashley and Robin just after the performance.

I am so proud of this young lady! (And she's as tall as I am!!! Eeeek!)


Getting ready to take the stage for our performance!

. . . just another day in the life . . .





0 comments: