CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Star Wars . . . Not so sure I want the "FORCE" with us!

I admit that before we had our two little boys, I had little experience with male children. So - it's not surprising that the wonderful world of Star Wars (as well as Transformers, etc.) were quite foreign to me. I mean, I saw Star Wars in the movies when I was growing up - it was practically a cultural phenomenon. But . . . I never really EXPERIENCED Star Wars until this past year. My little guys are just taken with it. We finally had to pack up the Play Station since Jack just couldn't focus on anything else as long as his "Lego Star Wars" game was in the house. I have no problem with fantasy play, and Star Wars does have some really good teaching moments about good versus evil. We use it all the time in teaching Jack about controlling his anger like Luke Skywalker --- not letting his anger control him like Darth Vader.

As a parent, it's just really hard to know where to draw the lines, when too much is too much, and how to best direct your kids' curiosity and interests. I guess I do hope The "Force" is with me as I navigate this new path with my boys!

Jack in his new Darth Vadar costume (He plans to wear it for Halloween, too!)


Ryan had to get a mask and light saber like his brother, but he saved some of his money for his "bank" money. (Already a saver - we're so proud!!!)

Our two little Star Wars fans!!!!

. . . just another day in the life . . .

0 comments: