CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

My daughter is following in Mommy's Holiday Footsteps!


Ashley's beautiful "Sugar Plum" Christmas Tree in her bedroom!

I had one of those fun and proud parental moments with my sweet 15-year old daughter this week! As most of our friends and family know, I am CRAZY about Christmas and really have to work at it to not go nuts with Holiday decorating! I've always been that way - as long as I can remember. I was always the one to decorate our tree growing up - - - and now, after many years of "learning" from her "Holiday Coach" Mom, Ashley has just hit a home run!!!

Above is her own vision . . . her "Sugar Plum" tree! She has been collecting ornaments for her whole life, and sugar plum themed ones for a few years. Then - last year, we saw the most beautiful tree in Chattanooga, Tennessee at Thanksgiving, and we asked her Gramma to pick up a particular amount of ornaments from that tree after Christmas - when they were 75% off. Well, Gramma did that - - - and then some!!! Then, after 14 years with the same Christmas tree, Ashley moved up to a 7 foot tree in her room this year. The result . . . this beautiful creation!

What's also neat is that she has started her own unique Christmas Village that we found in a little specialty shop (one piece at a time each year), loves my Norman Rockwell Christmas book almost as much as I do, and even created a special Christmas Tree for her American Girl doll, Emily!

It's fun to see my special affection for this wonderful holiday go on in my child!!!


Emily (and her cat Licorice) with their own personal Christmas Tree

Ashley's Christmas Village (and my Norman Rockwell book she had borrowed)!



1 comments:

Lorie said...

Ashley's poor poor husband (hee hee).