CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

O, Christmas Village . . . O, Christmas Village

THIS is one of my most favorite things about the Holidays - besides of course the birth of our Savior, the love of family, and general warmth and good cheer - MY CHRISTMAS VILLAGE! I started this village the first Christmas that Steve, Ashley and I moved into our home here in Grapevine (2001) and adding to it over the years has truly been a labor of love!

My latest additions this year are a moving Gondola and Ski Chalet, a Hockey Rink with active skaters, a Pet Shop and Pet Grooming Salon, a Rustic Cottage, and a Gas Station - complete with tow truck, a tractor for the farm, and a horse and sleigh! I was overwhelmed with glee when I finally finished and had everything in place and operational! I can sit for hours with my kids - enjoying every detail of the village!

Speaking of children . . . that brings us to Baby Ryan this year. Last year, he wasn't very interested in the village, but this year is a different story all together! At the not so tender age of 2 1/2, Baby Ryan is truthfully like a proverbial "bull in a china cabinet" with this winter wonderland! I found him just yesterday, with his hand STUCK in the hole of the movable Sledding Hill - evidently trying to capture one of the "sledders." Besides not being quick enough to catch a sledder, he got his hand stuck in the hill. This is where I walk in and the following conversation ensues:

Robin: Ryan - Did you touch the Village?
Ryan: No Mommy - I not touch the Village,
***Note: his hand is STILL stuck in the hole of the sledding hill!
Robin: Are you sure you didn't touch the Village? It looks like you did.
Ryan: I say Mommy - I NO TOUCH THE VILLAGE!
***Then he slings the foot long sledding hill around to me, pulling half of the snow and all surrounding items off the table and says:
Ryan: Mommy, can you take the Village off my hand now?

. . . You gotta love this little boy! I've decided that our character lesson this week for Ryan will be on Not Lying to Your Mother!

. . . just another day in the life . . .

0 comments: